Think of each department as a “module”. Each department is where you will work and learn by doing with hands on experience across a range of simulated and real-World activity.
Chris Clarke, CEO & Founder
Understanding the wealth management industry and its differences from asset / investment / alternative asset management is crucial for those wishing to pursue careers in this industry. Effectively more retail orientated and including a more holistic evaluation of individual needs, wealth management looks at tailoring specific outcomes for specific individuals and includes an understanding, not only of product, but of a range of areas such as taxation and law. Global Career Accelerators works in conjunction with several established, large UK wealth managers and advisors and carries out many real-life projects for these partners which are blended into the content and context of managing daily workflow in this area.
For the first 3 months you can rotate through each department and for the next 6 months you can choose a specific department to work in and truly hone your skills and experience.
- Build ETF based portfolios for real and simulated high end user cases.
- Build on GCA’s MPS service provision and build our own database of MPS providers.
- Work on a number of Wealth Tech applications for individual and institutional consumption.
- Design bespoke portfolios for global clients taking account of areas such as risk tolerances, product availability and taking into consideration factors such as legal, tax and generalised client objectives and estate planning.
- To grasp the size and scope of the wealth management industry and to understand the holistic nature of individual financial needs and how best to manage this set against legal, taxation and regulatory regimes across different countries and continents.
- To fully understand the products accessible to wealth managers and discretionary portfolio managers.
- To be able to tailor specific portfolios for particular client needs.
- To have experience of working on real-life industry projects in the UK wealth management industry (in many instances globally applicable).
- To be familiar with innovation and opportunity in the wealth management sector including Wealth Tech and new product availability.
“Don’t let anyone impose limitations or boundaries on you – don’t let anyone destroy your confidence.”Chris Clarke, Founder